If like us here at Coreco, you love the magic of the run up to Christmas, then you’ll want to be sipping mulled wine at every tinsel-laden pop-up that’s floating around this December.
Check out Coreco’s pick of the best festive locations to visit in London:
If the sight of Christmas lights makes you feel merry then you need to check out some of the twinkliest spots in the capital.
- Carnaby Street – A popular destination for festive lights, the inspiration for Carnaby’s Christmas lights this year comes from the V&A’s latest exhibition, ‘You Say You Want a Revolution? Records and Rebels 1966-1970’, and are some of the coolest lights in town.
- Covent Garden – Illuminated with a colossal Christmas tree, a 22-foot reindeer and its usual festive charm, Covent Garden is always a go-to in December.
- Christmas at Kew – Each year, Kew Gardens becomes aglow with an illuminating light show leading into their Royal Botanical Gardens. It scores points for wow-factor and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Photo from Flikr user Charles D P Miller
Christmas isn’t really Christmas without a cup of mulled wine at a festive market, so here are some of London’s best.
- Winter Wonderland – This is one of London’s largest Christmas markets and attracts visitors from afar for mulled wine, rides, a massive ice rink and even an ice bar. As one of London’s most popular Christmas destinations, it’s usually pretty busy but, for many Londoners, has become a Christmas tradition in itself.
Until 2 Jan 2017
- Christmas in Leicester Square – This is brand new for 2016 and will be home to Santa’s grotto, a market full of Christmassy trinkets and of course access to all of the mulled beverages you could want.
Until 8th Jan 2017
- Tate Modern Christmas Market – Whilst strolling along the Southbank it is worth checking out this cosy Christmas Market with a view over the Thames.
Until 23rd December 2016
Photo from Flikr user Herry Lawford
Get all wintery with some warm booze at the best Christmas-themed bars in the capital.
- Nordic Yulefest – This festive pop-up in Shoreditch offers a fancy dining experience in a beautifully decorated Nordic hall.
- Forest on the Roof – Selfridges has created a magical Christmas forest on the roof where you can indulge in a winter themed menu as well as and mulled wine, cider and various other winter cocktails.
- Queen of Hoxton – One of Coreco’s favourite haunts has transformed their rooftop into a Viking snug, and with a variety of tasty warm cocktails who can complain?
Photo from Queen of Hoxton
Wrapped up warm and gliding around on ice is as festive an activity as you can get. Try out these ice rinks for the true London Christmas experience.
- Somerset House – This spot never fails to impress at Christmas; with a massive ice rink, an après-ski lodge and a Christmas arcade, it will be impossible not to feel Christmassy when paying a visit here.
Until 15 Jan 2017
- Broadgate – Broadskate, in the heart of the City just across from the Coreco offices, has a large festive ice rink and when you get too chilly, is surrounded by bars and restaurants to warm up in.
Until 2nd February 2017
- Tower of London – The ice rink here has the amazing Tower of London as its backdrop and comes complete with a ski themed bar and an ice bar if you can handle the chill.
Until 3rd January 2017
So before the last-minute Christmas Eve shopping dash begins and Christmas creeps up on us, take some time to soak up the festivities with a warming cocktail or two. After all, it is cold outside.